Thursday, January 14, 2010

soooooo many ideas

I have a hard time understanding people sometimes, not that i should have this great mastery over understanding people and motive and the ebb and flow of life, but i do understand enough to get by i guess.

What I'm referring to is of course peoples inability to conjure, not magic, but peoples inability to create, to generate from nothing, to design from concept. Why can one person pick up a pencil and sketch a dragon, which is perfectly simple to them, then another picks it up and scratches their head with it.One more would jot down a sentence about a stormy night. What is the human ability to create, be it in art, literature or mathematics, why can one person write a book, in their head, literally in minutes, while another would not be able to even think of a name for a book that were original ?Add Image

I don't mean to condescend, so please don't take it that way, I'm honestly curious. I create as effortlessly as you would move from one side of the room to another, with as little effort and with equally measurable results. however I couldn't , say, repair your car, that is way beyond my ability. Taken in small quantity it is nearly inconceivable to either side of this argument that other people can't do what they can. I can scarcely even contemplate the reality that everyone doesn't have a book in them, but a mechanic would have a hard time understanding why i need help changing the oil in my car i guess.

I have literally sat here today , working, and created no less than 3 FANTASTIC stories , ones that require dozens, maybe hundreds of hours to actually type out, but they are fleshed out enough that i could tell you all about them, come up with art concepts or whatever i needed, it was easy and fast,but I have a hard time visualizing that someone else couldn't do it, i guess people can be taught to do it, I mean if i cared enough I could learn about my car and how to fix it, but i don't, I guess that door swings both ways too, I'm literally incapable of seeing it from that point of view as a reality, I could create that point of view, though so like anything else in life, I will simply assume I'm right and move on.

The Ability to Create is a wonderful gift, that too many take too lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment