Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A New chapter II

Continued thoughts on terminology and the human gift for suck.

Unless of course, you were referring to A New chapter, as an ultimate acceptance of fate, and this is simply the introduction of a new set of characters and places, new things to do while you wait for the end of the book. What if you didnt know how the book would end? I find myself asking, wouldn't a new chapter be appealing then?

Assuming that i Didn't know, then yes a new chapter sounds like a lovely idea. "I'm opening a new chapter in my life! and its exciting cause i don't know what will happen next..

Yes, why i can see how that would be an appealing opportunity, and even how someone (Not Me) could conceive to use this metaphor to describe an exciting outcome.

On the other hand,What if i do know how the book will end, and new chapter is simply the authors way of throwing in that crucial plot twist that no-one was expecting!

I guess i can support the use of this metaphor for now, i don't see how it will affect my future to denounce or endorse its use so please bare in mind that you should use the terms with caution, but use them you may, you have my blessing.

And we all know that you desperately needed my blessing to open that new chapter in your life..
please do, this one got boring real fast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment