Thursday, February 4, 2010

The great mysteries of the T4

Man i love numbers, i love working with them, and makin 'em do stuff, especially when there is money involved, im a natural accountant, not in skill mind you , but in nature. I have to actually work really hard on the discipline of doing books, and taxes and junk.. but the work is wonderful and rewarding to me...

I know, sick right? but its true, im doing reconciliations at work, and im putting in more work hours than i have in 3 months, cause i love the unabashed frolic in the numbers, good or bad, up or down it doesnt matter i love the work.

So today i was doing tax work, preparing for the tax year, T4's and our CRA submission, when a whole lot of questions started being asked,.. i determined that people (not Me) are actually intimidated and feel out of their depth when it comes to tax time... i guess thats how H&R and other tax firms are able to manage so well come this time of year, to successfully continue offering their services all year.. i mean a small percentage of tax back or 15$ isn't much to ask from a person, however when your dealing with 300 of them a day, i guess it adds up fast, I have been asked to do the taxes for the employees at the office, and I think i agreed, and now that im thinking about it, if i got 5% of their return.. i would make like 600-700$ in like a day, i could do it a single 8 hour shift (snags not withstanding) crazy...

So this year, im doing mine and my wifes taxes on a program that has enough room to do the other employees at work, and i can e-file them all ... and that will fun cause i wont have to pay for the program, i make an hourly wage AND im going to charge them for it, though im probably not going to actually charge for it .. cause im no good at that upfront negotiations. :)
anyway... back to my numbers and letters... I love my life.. and you should too

No comments:

Post a Comment